We have tried to ensure that our terms and conditions are as clear and easy to understand as possible. If you have any questions, or don’t understand something, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to help.
Terms & Conditions
As a user of this website (referred to as “you/your”) or user of service provided by Star Moving you acknowledge that any use of this website including any transactions you make (“use/using”) is subject to our terms and conditions below.
Listed below the following terms that will be found in these terms of carriage:
Consignment – A parcel or group of parcels/FCL,LCL & Excess Baggage sent through this service to each individual address.
Consignee/Receiver – The person who is receiving the consignment.
AWB/Air Waybill – The documentation placed on the parcel.
Star Moving – The service provider.
Third Party – The carrier with whom the order is placed utilizing the account that Star Moving has with the major carriers.
Working Day – Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.00pm within Australia, excluding public holidays. Please check with individual overseas countries to establish their working hours.
1) All and any business undertaken by Star Moving (hereinafter called “the Company”) is transacted subject to the conditions hereinafter set out each of which shall be deemed to be incorporated in and be a condition of any agreement between the Company and its customers. The Company only deals with goods subject to these conditions. No agent or employer of the Company’s authority to alter or vary these conditions.
2) Any instructions given to the Company may in the absolute discretion of the Company be complied with by the Company itself by its own servants performing part of all of the relevant services or by the Company employing or instructing or entrusting the goods to others on such other conditions, and shall release the Company from and indemnify the Company against any claims arising out of their acceptance.
3) Customers entering into transactions of any kind with the Company expressly warrant that they are either the owners or the authorized agents of the owners of any and all goods or property the subject matter of the transaction. By entering into the transaction they accept these conditions for themselves and for all other parties on whose behalf they are acting and they warrant that they have authority so to do.
4) Subject to express instructions in writing given by the customer and accepted by the Company, the Company reserves to itself complete freedom in respect of means, route and procedure to be followed in the handling storage and transportation of goods.
5) The Company is entitled to retain an be paid all brokerages, commissions, allowances and other remunerations retained by or paid to shipping and forwarding agents (or freight forwarders) and Insurance brokers.
6) Quotations are given on the basis of immediate acceptance and subject to the right of withdrawal before acceptance and revision after acceptance. If any changes occur in the rates of customs, duty freight or other charges applicable to the goods, quotations and charges shall be subject to revision accordingly whether with or without notice.
7) The customer and the senders, owners and consignees of any goods and their agents, if any, shall be deemed to be bound by and to warrant the accuracy of all descriptions, values and other particulars furnished to the Company for customs, consular and other purposes and shall jointly and severally indemnify the Company agents all losses, damages, expenses and fines arising from any inaccuracy or omission, even if such inaccuracy or omission is not due to any negligence.
8) The Company shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, damage or expense arising from or in any way connected with marks, weight, numbers, brands, contents, quality or description of any goods.
9) The customer and the senders, owners and consignees and their agents, if any, shall be jointly and severally liable for any duty, tax, impost or outlays of whatsoever nature levied by the authorities at any port or place for or in connection with the goods and for any payments, fines, expenses, loss or damage incurred or sustained by the Company in connection herewith.
10) The Company shall not be liable for loss of or damage to goods unless such loss or damage occurs whilst the goods are in the actual custody of the Company and under its actual control and unless such a loss or damage is due to the willful neglect or default of the Company or its own servants.
11) The Company shall not in any circumstances be liable for damages or costs arising from loss or fall of market or attributable to delay in forwarding or in transit or failure (not amounting to willful negligence) to carry out the instructions given to it.
12) The liability to the Company shall in every case be limited in amount to the sum of $50 in respect of all the goods entrusted to its care in any one consignment whether or not there has been any declaration of value of the goods or of any of them for the purpose of carriage or otherwise.
(a) In the case of carriage by sea, the value will not be declared or inserted into the Bill of Lading for the purpose of extending the ship-owners liability under Article IV. Rule 5, of the Sea Carriage of Goods Act, 1924, except upon express instructions given in writing by the Customer. (b) In the case of carriage by air, no optional declaration of value to increase the air carrier’s liability under the Carriage by Air Act, 1935. Article 22 (2) of the First Schedule will be made except on express instructions given in writing by the Customer. (c) In all other cases where there is a choice of tariff rates according to the extent of the liability assumed by carriers warehousemen or others no declaration of value (where optional) will be made for the purpose of extending liability, and goods will be forwarded or dealt with at owner’s risk or other minimum charges, unless express instructions in writing to the contrary are given by the customer.
13) Instructions to collect payment on delivery (C.O.D.) in cash or otherwise accepted by the Company upon the condition that the Company in the matter of such collection will be liable for the exercise of reasonable diligence and care only.
14) Perishable goods which are not taken up immediately upon arrival or which are insufficiently addressed or marked or otherwise not identifiable, may be sold or otherwise disposed of without any notice to the customer or the senders, owners or consignees of the goods, and payment or tender of the net proceeds of any sale after deduction of charges shall be equivalent to delivery. All charges and expenses arising in connection with the sale or disposal of the goods shall be paid by the customer.
15) Non-perishable goods which cannot be delivered either because they are insufficiently or incorrectly addressed or because they are not collected or accepted by the consignee may be sold or returned at the Company’s option at any time after the expiration of 21 days from the sending of notice in writing to the address which the customer or sender gave the Company on delivery of the goods to the Company. All charges and expenses arising in connection with the sale or return of the goods shall be paid by the customer or sender. A communication from any agent or correspondent of the Company to the effect that the goods cannot be delivered for any reason shall be conclusive evidence of the fact.
16) Except under special arrangements previously made in writing the Company will not accept or deal with any noxious, dangerous, hazardous, inflammable or explosive goods or any goods likely to cause damage. Any person delivering such goods to the Company or causing the Company to handle or deal with any such goods (except under special arrangements previously made in writing) shall be liable for all loss or damage caused thereby and shall indemnify the Company against all penalties claims damages costs and expenses arising in connection therewith and the goods may be destroyed or otherwise dealt with at the sole discretion of the Company or any other person in whose custody they may be at the relevant time. If such goods are acceptable under arrangements previously made in writing they may nevertheless be so destroyed or otherwise dealt with if they become dangerous to other goods or property. The expression “goods likely to cause damage” includes goods likely to harbor or encourage vermin or other pests.
17) Except under special arrangements previously made in writing the Company will not accept bullion, coins, stones, jewellery, valuables, antiques, pictures, livestock or plants, and the Company will not accept any liability whatever for any such goods except under special arrangements previously made in writing.
18) Pending forwarding and delivery goods may be warehoused or otherwise held at any place or places at the sole discretion of the Company at the customer’s or owner’s risk and expense.
19) All goods (and documents relating to goods) shall be subject to a particular and general item for moneys due either in respect of such goods or any particular or general balance or other moneys due from the customers, the senders, owners or consignees to the Company. If any moneys due to the Company are not paid within one calendar month after notice has been given to the person from whom the moneys are due that such goods are detained, they may be sold by auction or otherwise at the sole discretion of the Company and at the expense of such person, and the proceeds applied in or towards satisfaction of such particular and general lien.
20) (a) By entering into any agreement to which these conditions apply the customer on his own behalf and as agent for the owner, sender and consignee agrees and further offers to limit the liability of all servants employees and agents of the Company in respect to the goods and subject of the agreement to the extent that each such servant employee and agent shall be protected by and entitled to the full benefit of all provisions in these conditions excluding or restricting tortuous liability of any kind. (b) The offer hereinbefore referred to shall be accepted by the act of each such servant employee or agent in performing any function in relation to or affecting the goods the subject of the agreement. (c) For the purpose of the foregoing provisions of this clause the Company is and shall be deemed to be acting as agent on behalf of and trustee for the benefit of all persons who are or become its servants employees or agents from time to time and all such persons shall to this extent be and be deemed to be parties to the agreement concerned.
21) Without prejudice to Condition 3 shall have the right to enforce any liability of the customer under these conditions or to recover any sums to be paid by the customer under these conditions not only against or from the customer but also if it thinks fit against or from the senders and/or owners and/or consignees of the goods.
22) All agreements between the Company and its customers shall be governed by Australian Law and within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian Court.
23) Notwithstanding anything contained herein the Company shall not under any circumstances be liable for loss or damage resulting from fire, water, explosion or theft, whether caused by negligence of the Company’s servants or otherwise.
24) The Company shall not under any circumstances by liable for loss or damage resulting from or attributable to any quotation statement representation or information whether oral or in writing howsoever wheresoever or to whomsoever made or given by or on behalf of the Company or by any servant employee or agent of the Company as to the classification of or the liability for amount scale or rate of customs duty excise duty or other import or tax applicable to any goods or property whatsoever. The Company does not accept responsibility in relation to any decision made or action taken or liability incurred on the basis of any such quotation statement representation or information.
25) In the event of unexplained loss of goods in the custody of the Company the liability of the company shall not exceed the limits defined in Clause 13 of these Conditions.
26) The use of a customer’s own form shall in no way derogate from these conditions the whole of which shall, notwithstanding anything contained in any such form constitute terms of the agreement so entered into. Any provision in any such form which is contrary to any provision of these Conditions shall to the extent of such inconsistency be inapplicable.
27) All prices are in AUD.
28) RESPONSIBILITY OF PACKING:
You are responsible for proper packing, security, marking, addressing, filling out the Airway Bill and giving us the correct information regarding your shipment. We do not incur any liability if information given by you is incorrect and you will be solely responsible for all costs and expenses including the cost of returning the shipment to you.
29) RIGHT TO INSPECT:
We may at our discretion open or inspect your shipment prior to or after you give them to us.
30) LIEN IN GOODS:
We shall have lien on any goods shipped, for all the charges due to be received from you and refuse to surrender possession of the goods until such charges are paid.
31) CUSTOMS CLEARANCE:
By tendering this shipment to us you appoint us as your agent for the purpose of customs clearance and you must pay the customs duty whether you agree in advance or not. Customs Duty is imposed by customs department in the country where your effects are sent to and Star Moving has no control over the imposed duty amount on any effects. Star Moving can not be held responsible for any applied customs duty on any shipment. Generally there is service charge/admin fee applicable in the event customs duty applied to any particular shipment. In addition to customs duty this service charge/admin fee is also payable by the consignor or consignee. This service charge/admin fee may vary from one country to other and Star Moving reserves the right to hold shipment until Customs duty, Service Charge/Admin Fee and any Tax/Duty imposed is paid in full by consignor or consignee. Star Moving or any carrier has the obligation to provide you an invoice clearly showing duty amount, service charge/admin fee or amount of tax imposed on any shipment. For any dispute or disagreement on the amount of Customs Duty applied on your shipment it will be your responsibility to take the matter with the department of customs in the concerned country.
32) Held Shipment:
Your shipment can be held in customs for several reasons and Star Moving can not be held responsible for any shipment held by customs. Generally after a number of days (varies from one country to other) shipment being held by customs, they have the authority to impose storage cost on the carrier including Star Moving. Any storage charge arising from customs hold will be passed on to the consignee or consignor. Insufficient and or incomplete paperwork is one of the principal reason why shipment gets held by customs and Star Moving may request you to deal with Customs department of any country or any carrier to resolve this issue.
In the event of non payment or any other reason if your shipment is held in the custody of any carrier you must be responsible for the storage charge and Star Moving reserves the right to act up on advice to hold any shipment and in this circumstances consignor or consignee must bear the cost of storage. Cost of storage may become significant and may vary from one country to the other and Star Moving reserves the right to ensure the storage cost is paid before any delivery arrangement can be made.
33) MODE OF TRANSPORT :
We may at our discretion use any mode of transport, i.e. Air, Road, Water, etc. unless you specifically mentioned any particular mode of transportation.
34) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY :
Our liability for any loss or damage to the shipment handed over to us is limited to the lesser of (angel) equivalent to of $50AUD or (beer) actual value of the goods, whichever is less. If the goods are insured by you at the time of tendering your shipment to us or earlier for higher value payment will be made by the insurance company as per the terms of the policy. If your shipment involves an ultimate destination or a stop in a country other than the country of departure, the Warsaw Convention may be applicable to govern and in most cases to limit our liability for loss, damage or delay to your shipment, unless you declare a higher value in advance and pay an additional charge. This is only applicable where you have chosen to use service provided by Star Moving or In the event of any other carrier chosen through our website liability of any shipment is as per Terms and Conditions of carrier you have chosen.
Liabilities not assumed, in any case, we shall never be liable for any consequential, incidental or indirect damage or loss (for example loss of profit, income, tender market, mental anxiety, etc.) for whatever reason whether or not we had the knowledge that such damages might be incurred.
We will not be responsible under any circumstances for delay in pickup transportation or delivery of shipment regardless of the reason causing such delay. Further we will not be liable for loss, damage or delay caused by reasons we cannot foresee or which are beyond our control, including but not limited to acts of God, perils of air/weather or mechanical delay, acts of public enemies, war, strike, or acts of public authorities, customs. Also we will not be responsible for any electrical or magnetic injury, erasure or such other damage to electronic or photographic images.
These terms and conditions shall apply to and insure to the benefit and our agents and affiliate companies and our officials, Directors and employees.
36) Cancellation and Refund
Star Moving reserves the right to refuse any order and will process payment security checks on certain transactions and values. Service can be cancelled and a full refund will be given up until the time the consignment is not collected. The order and any cancellation of order will be confirmed in writing. If this is not received, please contact our offices where the transaction will be checked.
37) Tracking Consignment:
It is the customer’s responsibility to track all shipments. Star Moving cannot be held responsible for any malfunctioning of tracking system or information. In the event of tracking malfunction Star Moving reserves the right to refer the payer of shipment to communicate directly with the carrier.
Star Moving may use third party software for tracking information and Star Moving cannot be held responsible for any malfunctioning of the software used.
38) Prohibited & Restricted Items
Please check that we are able to carry your contents before placing your order. Items that are strictly Prohibited are listed as such and CANNOT be sent through our services.
Restricted Items can be sent but will travel without any inclusive or additional damage / loss cover and are therefore sent at the owner’s risk, no claim can be made under any circumstances. Please see the Prohibited / Restricted Items . Prohibited / Restricted items could be subject to non-collection, delay or return. If a Prohibited / Restricted item is collected and then later returned, no refund of carriage will be given and return charges may be applicable. In the event of damage a Prohibited/Restricted item may be discarded depending on the condition of the parcel. No claim for loss or damage can be made on a Prohibited / Restricted item.
In addition the sender will be liable for any damages caused in transit to other shipments or property resulting from sending a Prohibited / Restricted item.
Star Moving operates an automated booking service. If you chose to purchase additional transit cover on a Prohibited / Restricted item the cover is invalidated.
In addition Star Moving have a check box that must be ticked to state the Prohibited / Restricted items & Terms and Conditions list have been read before an order can be completed.
Please note – Hazardous / Dangerous goods are strictly prohibited from our services. Failure to declare Dangerous goods can lead to prosecution where unlimited fines and imprisonment is possible.
Item/s sent within a Hazardous box will be classed as such. DO NOT RE USE OLD HAZARDOUS BOXES.
The Prohibited Items / Restricted Items be read and understood as part of these Terms and Conditions.
39) Collection & Delivery
Booking can be processed manually or automatically through our website. The automated system books the collection as per the customer’s request. The system will tell you if the time slot is available if not you can select an alternative. Please note this collection time is not guaranteed. In the rare event that the courier cannot make the collection we will re book within 24 hours as long as the customer is available.
Please ensure you are in at the collection time that you request. A surcharge of $10.00 will be applied if you are not available when the driver attempts collection.
A receipt must always be obtained on collection of your consignment. No claim can be made if a collection receipt has not been obtained, as there is no proof that the carrier has collected the parcel. In such a case a full refund will be given as there is no proof of service taking place.
Please note that all services as listed below require a Bar-coded label / AWB to be printed out and attached to the parcel. Manual paperwork must not be used or the carrier will bill you directly instead of on prepaid on our account as paid online. If you use manual paperwork you will be charged a surcharge of $10.00 + GST and the difference in the cost on the service the freight has travelled on. If the surcharge is not paid then the order will be cancelled and the carrier must be paid the full premium direct. Using our barcoded labels ensures the freight travels on the service specified.
TNT Road Express, TNT Overnight First Class, TNT Overnight 9am, TNT Same Day, Couriers Please, Couriers Please Authority to Leave, Couriers Please Signed For, Star Track Authority to leave, AAE Two Day Economy Signed For, AAE Two Day Economy Authority to leave, AAE Three Day Off Peak Signed For, AAE Three Day Off Peak Authority to leave
DTDC Australia, DHL Express, DHL Document Express, TNT Express, TNT Economy Express Shipments to and from remote areas nationally and internationally on all services may be subject to delay. Please check the address with us prior to sending for advised transit times. Some collections in regional area’s where any carrier has been selected may be delayed as a third party provider will be contracted for the collection; a lodgment at an Australia Post or depot may be required. A representative from Star Moving will contact you if this is the case.
Deliveries to some regional areas may be subject to collection at a local depot/post Office depending on the carrier selected. Please contact us for further information.
Shipments to and from remote areas nationally sent on a Sam Day Service could be subject to on forwarding charges. A representative will contact you should these apply after your booking.
Transit times must be checked for the service ordered.
On some services there will be a surcharge if a re delivery is necessary. Please check the service description prior to sending.
A customs invoice must be completed for ALL countries outside Australia unless using a document only service. You will be guided online to complete this if applicable and a template will be e-mailed to you once the order is placed. Four copies of this must be given to the driver on collection.
Please note we cannot deliver to any PO Box address. Parcels should not be strapped or attached together. This is not a secure way for parcels to travel in the courier network. No claim can be made for any additional item that was strapped to the original in the event that they become separated in transit.
Please note that any item traveling through our services must be able to withstand a short drop, fragile items should not be sent though our services. Please see our packaging guidelines and Prohibited / Restricted Items in addition.
41) Customs Clearance
You are pre paying for the transportation charges of your consignment/s only. Star Moving has no control over any customs queries, delays or charges that may arise. Customs charges must be paid in addition by the sender or receiver before delivery is made. Star Moving reserves the right to pass these charges directly onto the person who placed the order. If you do not wish to pay the charges and the consignment is returned, all return charges will also be passed on.
Documents up to 1.5kg do not need a commercial invoice to any destination. These should be declared as zero value. If a value is entered Star Moving cannot be held responsible for any charges that may apply.
Consignment/s that exceed the value of $5,000 may be delayed as they may require further documentation for clearance.
By entering the weight and dimensions of your consignment/s you are pre paying for the postage. If the consignment/s are heavier then the additional weight will be charged to the card that the order was placed on together with a surcharge of $10 + GST. Additional charges will be confirmed in writing.
Please ensure you are in at the collection time that you request. A surcharge of $10.00 will be applied if you are out when the driver tries to collect.
Transit times must be checked for the service ordered. On some services there will be a surcharge if a redelivery is necessary.
Some areas will be subject to a remote area surcharge. This will be calculated in the quoting system at the time of booking.
You are pre paying for the transportation charges. Any Customs charges will be passed on in addition should they arise. Please see the Customs clearance section.
Please note that all services listed below require a Bar-coded label to be printed out and attached to the parcel/s. Manual paperwork must not be used or the carrier will bill you directly instead of prepaid on our account. If the carrier uses manual paperwork you will be charged a surcharge of $10.00 + GST to move the charges back to our account.
Couriers Please, TNT Road Express, TNT Overnight First Class, TNT Overnight 9am, TNT Same Day, and others listed in website.
DHL Express, DHL Document Express, TNT Express, TNT Economy Express and other listed in website.
Star Moving reserves the right to add or remove any service provider through their website without notice.
Some of our services are subject to a re delivery charge. Star Moving reserves the right to pass on the cost of any re-delivery charge on the credit/debit card used to pay for the service. Different carrier has different re-delivery charges and Star Moving will only charge the cost of re delivery plus $10 plus GST as admin /processing fee.
Please ensure that the receiver is in to accept the delivery or you will have to pay an additional charge on each delivery attempt.
43) Damage / Loss Claims
The maximum claim value is the transit cover that is chosen at the time of ordering.
All service apart from those marked with ATL (Authority to Leave) include a limited $100 Transit cover against loss or damage. Enhanced cover can be added during the ordering process for all services apart from those marked with ATL (Authority to Leave) up to the maximum consignment value of $2000. Star Moving at this moment only cover up to a maximum value of $100. Any enhanced cover must be arranged through the chosen carrier and in the event of any claims arising payer of shipment must communicate with the carrier.
Any enhanced cover that is selected replaces the inclusive cover.
The claim will be paid to the sender only, the details entered at the time of ordering. Please ensure the exact name or company name is entered at the time of booking, as we will charge $20.00 if a cheque needs to be re issued.
In the event of a claim a copy invoice will be needed to be provided to prove the value of the consignment/s.
In the rare event of damage all packaging must be kept for inspection by the carrier. The item must be available for inspection in the state it was delivered, at the address it was delivered to. If the item is moved / repaired or if the packaging is not kept any claim will be voided. Photographs of the internal and external packaging as well as the damaged item must be supplied to start a claim.
Claims are assessed by the Packaging advice provided in the help and information section of the site. Which is available to read prior to booking.
In the event of damage repair costs must be supplied. If the item cannot be repaired then we would need this in writing from a specialist for the full claim amount to be considered. Unless an enhanced cover is selected liability remains a maximum value of $100 or the value of the shipment, whichever is lesser. In the event of enhanced insured coverage is not offered Star Moving ’s liability never to exceed the value of $100 or the declared value of the shipment, whichever is lesser.
In the event that a claim is approved and repair costs are paid, no postage will be paid. Postage costs are only paid on approved claims where the full value of the goods have been paid.
A lost claim can only be processed once the carrier has made extensive searches and deems the goods as lost. This requires a formal declaration from the carrier stating the status of the item is lost and this may take several weeks to conduct searches.
Any claim must be brought to us within 10 days of receipt in the case of delay/damage, and 28 days in the case of loss.
Claims can only be re considered up to a period of 12 weeks after dispatch as the carriers only holds records for up to this period. If you wish to contest any claim decision, please write in to the Customer Service within this period.
Star Moving aim to resolve any claim within 28 working days.
A receipt must always be obtained on collection of your consignment. No claim can be made if a collection receipt has not been obtained, as there is no proof that the carrier has collected the parcel. In such a case a full refund will not be given, as there is no proof of service taking place.
Your consignment/s must be packed to a professional standard, packed within a double walled box with the contents cushioned and protected inside. The packaging must also be sufficient to protect the products weight. Any claim resulting from a parcel that is not packaged to a professional standard and in line with the above will be declined.
In addition the sender will be liable for any damages caused in transit to other shipments or property resulting from sending a consignment that is insufficiently packaged.
No claim can be made for a Prohibited / Restricted item
Prohibited / Restricted Items / Items not boxed or sufficiently packed are excluded from our services and could be subject to delay / return / Held for collection by customer. Such goods could also be discarded if A- they are damaged to such an extent such as smashed glass B- If goods have been held for collection by customer and the time limit advised has been exceeded. Please be aware in such a circumstance, the customer will be aware that collection of said goods must be arranged by a certain date or the goods may incur storage charges, and finally discarded at a cost payable by the sender. No claim for loss or damage can be made on a Prohibited / Restricted Items /Items not boxed or sufficiently packed are excluded from our services and if sent are sent at the owners risk.
No claim can be made for a Hazardous / Dangerous shipment.
Hazardous / Dangerous goods are strictly prohibited from our services. Failure to declare Dangerous goods can lead to prosecution where unlimited fines and imprisonment is possible.
Please see the Prohibited / Restricted Items section in Help and information
No claim can be made for an item delivered without signature to a ‘Driver Release area’ (See Definitions) or with “Authority To Leave”
The maximum claim value on each consignment is $100 unless enhanced transit cover is taken at the time of ordering. If enhanced transit cover is not offered or available Star Moving ’s liability remains a maximum value of $100.
Star Moving operates an automated booking service. If you chose to purchase additional transit cover on a Prohibited / Restricted item the cover is invalidated. Requests for transit cover refunds on Prohibited / Restricted can be made via email and must be received no later than 7 days from the order date.
Please note that any item traveling through our services must be able to withstand a short drop, fragile items should not be sent though our services. Any item that is damaged as a result of a fall, with the packaging intact will therefore be declined. Please see our packaging guidelines and Prohibited / Restricted items in addition.
If the outside packaging is intact, then any claim for damage to the consignment will be invalidated, as the internal packaging would not have been sufficient to protect the product.
Parcels should not be strapped or attached together. This is not a secure way for parcels to travel in the courier network. No claim can be made for any additional item that was strapped to the original in the event that they become separated in transit.
If the item is moved / repaired or if the packaging is not kept until the claim is completed, then the claim will be voided.
The damaged item together with all packaging must be kept until the claim is concluded as more photographs or inspection of the item may be necessary. If the damage item and or packaging are not kept the claim will be invalid.
Please be aware that you must sign for goods as “damaged” if this is the case. If you sign for goods in good condition, you will not be able to proceed with a claim. If you are unable to check when the driver is there, please sign for goods as “unchecked”.
No claim can be made for an item that has been requested to be returned but then delivered to the receiver. We cannot guarantee to stop any item once in transit, although will try and do so if requested.
Any claim must be brought to us within 10 days of receipt in the case of delay/damage, and 28 days in the case of loss.
Claims can only be re considered up to a period of 12 weeks after dispatch as the carrier only holds records for up to this period. If you wish to contest any claim decision, please write in to the Customer Service Director within this period.
Guaranteed transit times are not offered. No services include a Guarantee and transit times quoted are issued as a guide only.
The person placing the order is responsible for the information entered. Star Moving will not be held responsible for wrong information that is entered and any delay this may cause No refunds will be given in this instance.
On the advised services the driver will leave a Waybill document that you may have to complete with the to and from address details.
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that all the details are correctly completed and displayed on the correct parcel and no claim or reduction will be made if the parcel is sent and the details were incorrect or placed on the incorrect parcel. It is not the driver’s responsibility to check this information, so please ensure this is checked before he leaves.
The sender will be liable for any damages caused in transit to other shipments or property resulting from sending a Prohibited / Restricted item or an item that is insufficiently packaged.
You are pre-paying for the freight charges and Star Moving applies these charges on your behalf to its account with the relevant carrier. Star Moving are not liable for any customs charges, which may arise.
Liability is limited to the negligence of the company carrying the goods. Such liability is further limited to the direct loss suffered by the customer who placed the order with Star Moving only, to the covered maximum, not the receiver of the goods.
Star Moving will accept no Liability for any Prohibited / Restricted Items that is sent through our services and subsequently damaged or lost. No claim can be made for a Prohibited / Restricted item as they are either excluded from our services or as in both cases sent at the sender’s risk. A customer ticks to state they have read the Prohibited / Restricted items and the Terms and Conditions at the time of ordering.
Loss or damage under the following conditions will not be covered:
Acts of God
Consequences of war
Insufficient packaging / Incorrect labeling
Prohibited / Restricted Items – listed in our Help and information section
Star Moving will deal with the person who placed the order only.
Liability is also limited to the cost of sending the item only and to the covered value of the consignment of up to a maximum of $100 if a claim is raised. We will not be liable for any claim for loss of profit, use, breach of contract, loss of revenue, administrative inconvenience, disappointment, or indirect, incidental, financial or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in relation to, the service you ordered.
Total liability to you in all respects, and for any type of loss, cost or damage howsoever arising will be limited to $100 per consignment unless you have purchased additional transit cover through us, where the limit of liability will be the cover purchased at the time of ordering. Star Moving is not a common carrier and accepts no liability as such.
Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to limit or exclude Star Moving liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by Star Moving’s negligence or to the extent otherwise not permitted by law.
You will indemnify Star Moving in respect of all claim demands, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses incurred by Star Moving or employees, agents or sub-contractors in relation to any claims by third parties arising in connection with this agreement, or as a result of Star Moving providing services, which are in excess of the liability of Star Moving under this agreement.
Any claim must be brought to us within 10 days of receipt in the case of damage, and in 28 days in the case of loss.
If any part of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, the enforceability of any other part of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
47) Statutory Rights
These terms and conditions are in addition to your statutory rights as a consumer, which remains unaffected. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this agreement.
We aim to provide outstanding customer service. If you have any complaint about the service you have received from us, please contact us via Email firstname.lastname@example.org Please allow 7 working days for a response to any written correspondence.